Monday 12 September 2016

The Ambassador's Dream

I had the dream again. The one where I am standing on a dark hill side. So dark. So silent. No stars or crickets and down before me I see it. It looks like a dark stone cathedral balanced on it’s spire or one of those strange float island you see sometimes in pictures of Thailand. Except for the rectangular door. The only light spilling out onto the valley floor.  In the spill of light I see figures standing.  I move closer (do I move?) and I see more light. Head lights from two or is it three black S.U.V’s.
The figures and there must be 20 of them stand motionless as the lights butt and jerk ever closer. As they stop dust whirls into the light. Men in dark suits and figures in restraints and grey track suits are ushered forward.
My perspective changes.
I look down at my handcuffed hands and shapeless grey clothes. The figures before me are blue. A strange sense of calm washes over me and as a blue figure approaches me my cuffs melt like quick silver and fall away. A figure at the front seems to have done this with a hand gesture. He (how do I know that) steps back. Then on some unseen command they all bow. Not like a Japanese bow. A full forehead on the floor. So I sit down, cross-legged in the desert dust.

Time passes. And I stand and as I move towards the door I brush my hand onto the head of the beings I pass. Just as I am about to climb onto the floating half-moon steps I see the figure more closely.  He is blue and hairless. With dark moist eyes. had longer arms than a human and they have three fingers and a thumb. He seems to have crescent dark marks beneath his eyes and a second bottom lip. Within my mind I suddenly know they are also like eyes, and the two mouths are so they can drink and speak at the same time. He raises his hand to me, Buddha style and I mirror him.  I enter the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment